Benefits for Concrete Contractors
Concrete construction adds a new dimension and many advantages to a concrete contractor’s already existing businesses. There are features and benefits of above-grade, removable form, solid reinforced and insulated concrete construction for concrete contractors. There is more capacity for growth in concrete residential housing than for any other concrete market segment.
- New Business Opportunities
- Working with builders and developers on concrete home construction adds horizontal growth potential to a concrete contractor’s inherently vertical business by utilizing existing capabilities.
- Satisfies a Market Need
- Delivers a safe, natural disaster resistant structure, which is more economical for homeowners than current available construction.
- Increased Totality of Work
- The addition of concrete home construction expands the business without any special field training, added crews and foremen. There is no major learning curve expense to expanding the business.
- Increased Productivity
- Crew travel time is reduced, increasing the volume of work at each location.
- More Profitable
- Increase your profitability by utilizing your manpower. The concrete required for the construction of one 2,500 sq. ft. concrete home with basement is two-times the basement foundation volume alone. Although forming systems used in this process are a significant capital equipment investment, they can be reused hundreds of times. With every new concrete construction project, the return on your investment becomes more profitable.
- Allows a concrete contractor to compete with other systems currently in the construction market.
- Tax Advantage
- Large capitalized equipment like concrete pump trucks and aluminum and steel forms is the source for depreciation expense.